skin care remedies is an aspect of beauty that in routine helps to maintain healthy skin conditions. The essence of skin care, regardless of skin complexion, is to keep the skin looking as young and radiant as ever. The skin often needs a little tweak sometimes especially for those with skin acne, eczema, dark spots, dry scally skin, and exceptionally oily skin.
The skincare industry is one of the largest with thousands of skin products churned out daily into the ever-hungry market. The deception in the skin industry is that often times supermodels who already have close to perfect skin, due to years of skincare treatment, are used as ambassadors for new products. This is done to boost sales obviously. These products contain a myriad of skin conditioning chemicals that can be very useful for the skin, depending on one’s skin type. Some prefer to seek the best new skincare products, while others are for oily skin or dry skin products. It is necessary to understand what works for one’s skin before leaping at the newest trending anti-aging cream.
Conventional ways to care for the skin
- Cleanse your face and body regularly
- Exfoliating your skin
- Avoiding products with color altering properties
- Drink water constantly enough to stay hydrated
- Use lotions that suit your skin type such as moisturizers etc
- Eat foods that are high in antioxidants as they improve the condition of the skin.
It is often challenging deciding which product is best for the skin especially when there are tons of alluring products out there such as anti-aging treatments, moisturizers, cleansers, exfoliators, and other skin care remedies.
In many cases, people who have success stories using a particular product recommend them to others who’s skin type may greatly differ and the results may be unpleasant. If your skin is sensitive to some of the active ingredients in a skincare product, it is advised to seek the counsel of a professional dermatologist before using them.
Some Active Ingredients In Top Skin Products That Enhance Skin Glow
- Alpha-hydroxy acids (AHAs) – removes irregular pigmentation, age spots, and fine lines
- Hydroquinone – acts as a lightening agent
- Beta-hydroxy acid (salicylic acid) – improves skin texture and color and removes dead skin cells
- Retinol – this anti-aging ingredient comes from vitamin A and gives elastin and collagen to eliminate wrinkles
- Kojic acid – a lightening agent which slows the production of melanin in the skin
- L-Ascorbic acid – it is a form of vitamin c antioxidant for the skin
- Hyaluronic acid- this is a lubricating and anti-aging ingredient
- Copper peptide – promotes the production of collagen and elastin
- Alpha-Lipoic acid – this antioxidant ingredient is an anti-aging component, it repairs damaged skin
- DMAE (Dimethylaminoethanol ) – this substance which enhances functionality in the brain and is found in some fish meals also reduces fine lines and wrinkles in the skin.
The above ingredients can be found in over-the-counter skincare products in many cosmetic stores worldwide. It is important however to note that some of them might cause side effects such as allergies, skin irritation, sensitivity to the sun, and subsequent burning. This makes a lot of people sought for natural methods that are regarded as safe skin remedies for their skin enhancement.
Natural skincare remedies
There are also some natural skincare remedies which can give that healthy glow to your skin, these includes:
- The use of olive oil cleanser to soothe the effect of dry skin.
- The use of avocado to create a creamy mask on the face
- Try making a combination of olive oil and sugar scrub, it will give some glow and moisture to your skin
- One can exfoliate the face with an oatmeal and honey mask
- Before going to bed one can apply coconut oil on the skin
The type of skin products used can go a long way to determine the outlook of the skin, for instance, there are some ingredients contained in some products which can prove toxic to the skin. The chemicals used for these products can cause irreparable damage, this is why adequate knowledge of skin care techniques are important for healthy-looking skin.
Skin care herbs and creams provide an alternative for the use of natural ways of enhancing the skin. It does guarantee the brightening of the skin, however, one should be careful because several studies have shown that some creams are capable of lifetime defects e.g. skin reactions, irritations, burning, and even skin cancer. In order to avoid these it is good to take the following precautions:
Precautions while using skin care products
- Test a little on a portion of your skin and discontinue if any skin reaction occurs.
- Avoid skin products with strong ingredients
- Do not hop from one product to another
- Do not overuse skin products like scrubs and cleansers with alcohol as they may damage your skin cells.
While trying to improve your skin, it is good to look inwards as skincare isn’t only limited to the outer parts of your body. Another determinant of healthy skin is the type of food one eats, skincare diet is important and there are several foods that will improve your skin, these include:
- Eating protein diets and fatty fish such as salmon, mackerel, and herring.
- Eating of fruits like avocado
- Nuts are a good source of healthy skin providing oils and keeps the skin fresh
- Sweet potatoes are a rich source of carbohydrate and are beneficial to the skin
- Eating of vegetables can also give vitamins and minerals to the body.
In situations where one requires certain clinical work done on the skin such as particular types of injection treatment and fillers for the skin, it is advised to visit a dermatologist for the best opinion.